WASHTENAW ONE HUNDRED CLUB AWARDS $10,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS TO RELATIVES OF LOCAL
POLICE OFFICERS AND FIRE FIGHTERS
Ann Arbor, MI --- The Washtenaw 100 Club is proud to announce it is awarding $10,000 in
scholarships to area students throughout Washtenaw County. The Washtenaw One Hundred Club, an
organization of area business people, whose mission is to support local active police officers
and fire fighters who serve within Washtenaw County.
One of the club's most successful programs is their college scholarship program. The Club has
maintained the scholarship program over the past nineteen years and has awarded
102 scholarships. Students who apply for these scholarships are chosen based upon their
demonstrated leadership, volunteer activities, scholarship and stated future goals. "The
scholarship program is one small way that members of the organization can thank and show our
support for the families of area police officers and fire fighters," said Charles Wallgren,
Scholarship Committee Chairperson. "The Selection Committee always has a very tough job.
It is really great to reward the talents of area students and to assist them with furthering
their educational endeavors," said Wallgren.
This year's Washtenaw 100 Club Scholarship winners are:
Charles Wallgren chaired the Scholarship Selection Committee for the Washtenaw 100 Club.
Assisting Mr. Wallgren in the selection process were Larry Brink and Roy Margenau Jr. For
information on the Washtenaw 100 Club, phone Don Hilligoss, Board President, at (734) 475-2892.
- Rebecca Anthourard from International Academy (located in Farmington, Michigan). Rebecca plans to attend Albion College this fall and is affiliated with the City of Ypsilanti Fire Department.
- Kari Ceo, senior, from Chelsea High School. Kari plans to attend Michigan State University this fall and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Police Department.
- Lance Clevenger, currently attending the University of Michigan and is affiliated with the Scio Township Fire Department.
- Erin O'Dell, a senior from Pioneer High School. Erin plans to attend Michigan State University this fall and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Police Department.
- Kelsey Johnson, a senior from Manchester High School. Kelsey plans to attend Central Michigan University and is affiliated with the Manchester Township Fire Department.
- Michelle Leach, a senior from Gabriel Richard High School. Michelle plans to attend University of Michigan this fall and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Police Department.
- Kristin Neigebauer, currently attending Central Michigan University and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Police Department.
- Annie Phillips, a senior from Wayne Memorial High School. Annie plans to attend Wayne State University and is affiliated with the Pittsfield Township Police Department.
- Katharine Scarbrough, a senior from Stockbridge High School. Katharine plans to attend Rice University and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Fire Department.
- Zachary Schroeder, a senior from Blissfield High School. Zachary plans to attend Michigan State University and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Fire Department.